@iLabAfrica will hold a short workshop on IT forensic Security from the 16th to 18th January 2014. We shall be hosting a guest expert IT Forensic Security , Hans-Peter Merkel (Eng.) who will conduct a live demo on hacking as well as a hand-on training on hacking and computer security.
Hans is an Expert in Computer and Data Forensics. He is a lecturer at the University of Cooperative Education, Lörrach, Faculty of Information & Software Technology, as well as a Consultant in his area of expertise. Hans has published widely in the Linux Magazine on various topics in Computer Forensic. He is also the founder of Linux4africa Project. More Information: www.hpmarkel.de
The workshop is open to Students in Computer Science and Information Technology, software developers, IT and Network Security professionals and law enforcement agencies.
Venue: Strathmore University
Dates, Cost and Time:
- 16th January 2014
- Setting up a hacking platform (Command and Control Centre)
- Taking over victims camera and microphone to monitor confidential meetings
Cost: KES 1000/=
- 17th to 18th January 2014
- Detecting Malware like high-end trojans (Stuxnet/Zeus).
- Getting access to password protected computers and smartphones.
- Detecting forensic evidence (pictures, documents, GPS coordinates etc.) in Android based systems.
Cost: KES 5000 per person per day. Total cost of day 2 and 3 KES 10,000/-
Registration Fees must be sent to M-Pesa Number: 0725 422 498 . Kindly click on the register button below to sign up for this workshop.