@iBizAfrica, in collaboration with IBM, will run an intensive training course during the month of May on Next Generation Applications.
The next generation of applications must be delivered faster, enhanced easier and be more integrated, intelligent and secure. This course prepares developers for the revolution that is being driven by Cloud, Mobile, Web, Social and the Internet of Things. It follows a hands-on approach with access to the latest technologies and tools.
This training will cover:
- Why Cloud Platforms are changing the way developers build and deploy applications
- Developing the next generation of applications (Cloud, Mobile, Social, Internet of Things) easier and faster with Cloud Platforms
- Using IBM’s Cloud Platform – BlueMix – to develop, deploy and secure next generation applications
- Applying Big Data Analytics to next generation applications
- Taking your application ideas to successful innovations
Why enroll in this course?
To position yourself strategically to take advantage of the Mobile and Cloud revolution in the ICT industry and to differentiate yourself with tools and techniques that create more engaging, more integrated and intelligent applications.
What the benefits?
Participants will benefit from receiving intensive training in the very latest Mobile and Cloud application development technologies and techniques delivered by global experts. This training has a total estimated value of over KES 20,000.
On completion of the course, together with submission of a completed material, participants will receive a certificate jointly issued by IBM and Strathmore University Faculty of Information Technology. The submission includes developed applications uploaded to the IBM JazzHub code repository, and a written blog article and/or video presentation of their experience and of the applications they have developed.
Who should attend?
- ICT students that want to deepen their understanding of application development and the revolution that is driving change in the IT industry.
- Mobile and Web Application developers that keen to sharpen and update their skills on the latest application development technologies.
- Entrepreneurs who want to understand how next generation applications can help them deliver their vision faster and in a more integrated way to maximize the commercial viability of their endeavors.
Applicants will need to demonstrate previous hands-on experience in the following:
- Programming fundamentals
Once confirmed, attendees will need to register before attending the course for free access to IBM BlueMix at this page: https://ace.ng.bluemix.net
What is the duration of the Course?
10 days (2 weeks) from 12th to 23rd May 2014.
What are the Course Fees?
This course is sponsored by Strathmore University and IBM’s Corporate Service Corps program. The goal is to help develop skills to take application development in Kenya to the next level.
As a result of this sponsorship, the entire course of 10 days intensive training will cost KES. 20,000 for non-students and KES. 5,000 for students. This is a great bargain as the course would normally cost KES. 105,000 without the sponsorship!
Registration for this training is now closed!