@iLabAfrica and Samsung launched the Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB) app on the 28th of April 2014. The app was launched at Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board offices on Lenana Road in a press conference.
The PPB app comes bundled with rich features that will safeguard Kenyan’s from counterfeit drugs as well as provide access to other vital information regarding drugs, pharmacists and other pharmaceutical professionals.
Using the PPB application one will be able to:
- Access a list of all registered pharmacists and other pharmaceutical professionals
- Access a database of all registered human and veterinary drugs and other drug information such as prescription, reaction and dosage.
- Report suspected poor quality/counterfeit medicinal products. One can also report a suspected adverse drug reaction.
- Search for chemists and pharmacies within a certain radius.
- Plot the map and directions, also displays the official contacts.
The application also enables you to provide feedback and contact the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board. It is currently available for Android on the Kenya Pharmacy and Poisons Board website. It will be coming soon on the Samsung App Store.
PPB app is a shot in the arm as the Kenya PPB continues to fight rising cases of counterfeit and substandard drugs in the country.