The Pivot East 2014 semi-final list is out! Five startups from the iBizAfrica business incubator made it to the semi-finals. These include:
- Buymore : Buymore offers student discounts that enhance user retail experience and push foot fall to merchants.
- Sootano : Sootano provides a platform for Businesses and Freelancers to connect. It facilitates finding and contracting reliable service providers for jobs or projects.
- SokoNect : SokoNect uses mobile technology and the Kenyan County govt to reduce farmers post harvest losses and maximize profits by eliminating Brokers. SokoNect enables farmers to upload information about availability of their produce for sale enabling buyers to prepare enough package materials.
- Muva Studios : Muva Studios develops small engaging games for low-end devices and high-end devices to cover the larger market
- Valuraha : It simulates Kenya’s financial ecosystem and enables students to interact with it using virtual money enhancing investor education.
Pivot East is East Africa’s premier mobile startups pitching competition and conference held annually since 2011. The competition is an initiative of m:lab East Africa whose aim is to amplify and consolidate the gains of East Africa’s Mobile developer and entrepreneurship ecosystem.
The finalist will be announced in the last week of may and finals will be held on 24th June 2014 during a pitching conference. @iBizAfrica is a partner in this year’s Pivot East.