The IBM Corporate Service Corps team and @iLabAfrica, Strathmore University will hold a Panel Discussion about Software Development and Innovation in Africa. The Panel Session is the grand finale of a two weeks developer workshop on Cloud, Mobile, Web, Social and the Internet of Things.
The panel session will be attended by highly influential technology and ICT stakeholders in Kenya from the private sector, government and the Kenya software development community at large. Also present will be a team of experts from the IBM CSC group. The group has been in Strathmore University since 7th of May, imparting skills and knowledge in the use of next generation application development tools and techniques.
The panel session will examine the current state of software development in Kenya, the future of software development, as well as provide an opportunity for the Next Generation Application Development workshop trainees to showcase apps developed using the IBM BlueMix platform, over the period of the two weeks training program.
- Dr. Joseph Sevilla- Director @iLabAfrica, Strathmore University
- Veronicah Ogeto Tchoketch- Head of Innovation at Safaricom LTD
- Rachel Reinitz-Distinguished Engineer and CTO of Software Services for Websphere, IBM Software Group
- Conrad Akunga- Co-Founder & Director of Product Development and Research, Innova Ltd
- ICT Authority Kenya
- Prof. Meoli Kashorda-Executive Director Kenya Education Network
This event is FREE and open to the public, especially people in the software development field, students, educators and all technology enthusiasts in the country.
Date: 22nd May 2014
Venue: Strathmore University Auditorium
Time: 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm