The NEPAD e-Africa Programme has placed a call for applications in a new online training program for Internet Governance in Africa. Below are the details for the training:
The course will cover fundamental aspects of Internet Governance and Internet policy including:
- Actors and processes
- Infrastructure and broadband policy
- Privacy and Human Rights
- Network neutrality
- Management of domain names and IP addresses
- Socio-economic and development aspects of the Internet and Internet Governance
The course will also offer case studies and practical examples from Africa and participants will be encouraged to contextualize their learning to their countries or regions.
The training is open to a wide variety of stakeholders including:
- Government officials
- Officials from regional and sub-regional institutions
- Parliamentary representatives
- Civil society activists and advocates
- Students, academics and researchers
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of a member state of the African Union
- Able to read, write and converse in English
- Have reliable Internet access
Applicants with an undergraduate degree may have an added advantage. Preference will be given to individuals living and working in Africa.
Mode of Delivery
The course will be delivered in English and will be conducted online using a mixture of facilitator-led sessions and self-directed learning. Participants should expect to spend at least 8 hours per week on the course. The course will be delivered over an 8-week period.
Method of Application
Apply online using the application form.
(If you encounter problems with filling in the form online, you may request a PDF version to be sent to you. Send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline for applications
Applications should be received on or before July 28. Late applications may be considered subject to availability of seats.
There are no fees associated with registration or participation in the course.
Enquiries may be directed to Towela Nyirenda-Jere via email: email@example.com