The AGCO Africa Ambassador Program invites individuals above 21 years of age to submit video (30 seconds to 3 minutes long) of themselves explaining why they should be chosen to act as the AGCO Africa Ambassador to Germany during the International Green Week (16-25 January 2015) in Berlin. The Ambassador will also host the AGCO Africa Summit on 19 January 2015.
An individual will be selected as the Ambassador and s/he will occupy the position for one year period. The ambassador will be responsible to regularly report (bi-weekly) about trends and developments in African agriculture and economy as well as AGCO‘s activities in Africa on Facebook and Twitter in posts, uploads and video messages during the one year contract period (when appropriate, participation at AGCO events in Africa).
- $10,000 Cash award at the beginning of the one-year contract.
- Reimbursement for all reasonable traveling expenses solely related to participation as the AGCO Africa Ambassador.
- Represent Africa for AGCO as an AGCO Africa Ambassador at the International Green Week fair in Berlin, Germany from 16-25 January 2015.
- Host the AGCO Africa Summit on 19 January 2015 in the fair.
- Applicant must have proof of African origin and valid passport from an African Country. S/he should be present resident of an African country.
- Candidate must be minimum 21 years with fluency in English language.
- Candidate must not have any record of criminal behavior including crimes of moral turpitude or which might bring AGCO into disrepute.
- Candidate must not have membership in extreme, radical or violent groups including but not limited to groups which advocate the violent overthrow of any government.
- Applicant must not have any record of human rights offenses.
- Candidate must be available to participate in both events – International Green Week Fair and AGCO Africa Summit.
- Applicants must be eligible to receive a visa to enter Germany during the event.
- Applicants cannot be an employee or immediate family member of an employee with AGCO.
- Submissions must be no less than thirty (30) seconds and/or no more than three (3) minutes in length.
The competition is an incredible one and many individuals have already submitted their applications. Do submit a video yourself you just might be the winner.
Deadline October 17th 2014.