You are eligible to enter Negawatt Weekend provided you meet the following requirements:
- You are, and each of your team members is, at least 18 years old and the age of majority in your/his/her jurisdiction of residence. If you are considered a minor in your place of residence, then you will require parent or legal guardian permission prior to registering for this contest.
- You are, and each of your team members is, a registered attendee of Negawatt Weekend
- You must attend Negawatt Weekend in person to be eligible to win.
- Neither you nor any of your team members are an employee of The World Bank during Negawatt Weekend; nor an immediate family member (parent, sibling, spouse, child) of or household member to an employee
- Neither you nor any of your team members are involved in any part of the creation, promotion, execution or administration of Negawatt Weekend.
- If a Participant is an employee of a corporation, government or an academic institution, enrolled as a student or representing his or her employer, government, or academic institution in Negawatt Weekend, it is his or her sole responsibility to review, understand and abide by his or her employer’s, government’s, or academic institution’s policies regarding eligibility to participate in Negawatt Weekend.
- If a Participant is found to be in violation of his or her school’s, government’s or employer’s policies, then he or she will be disqualified from participating in Negawatt Weekend and being awarded or retaining any prize. The World Bank disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between a student or employee and his or her school, government or employer related to Negawatt Weekend.
Negawatt Weekend does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
- Submitted entries must be relevant to the theme of solutions for urban energy efficiency.
- There is a limit of one submission per team. Teams are capped at five persons per team.
- You may work on the concept for the entry prior to commencement of Negawatt Weekend.
Participants will pitch a live demo of their entry before a judging panel at the end of each Negawatt Weekend. Each team will be given approximately 5 minutes including their product demonstration. Judges will select winners based on value creation (25%),relevance to published Negawatt challenges (15%), technical feasibility (25%), financial viability (25%) originality (10%). In the event of a tie, the judges will deliberate a winner.
- Your Submission must: (a) be your (or your team or organization’s) original work
- A participating team may submit a prototype that includes the use of open source
- Applications may integrate SDKs, APIs and data, provided the team is authorized
- Any applicable intellectual property rights to a submission will remain with the
If you meet the above criteria, go ahead and sign up for the challenge