TechnoServe, the mastermind behind this competition, works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. It is a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Their work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities.
Vodafone, USAID and TechnoServe believe that mobile agriculture solutions have the potential to improve the livelihoods of rural men and women by dramatically improving their access to income and finance, increasing transparency and reducing transaction processes, driving productivity through increased information, and building resilience for times of crisis.
The aim of the competition is to incubate winning mobile solutions that serve the interests and needs of farmers. It will be held at Strathmore University and winning solutions will be incubated by iBizAfrica. The incubator hubs great business ideas responding to societal needs.
Participants are meant to come up with sustainable, innovative and mobile solutions to challenges faced by women farmers.
- Deadline: 27th August 2015.
- The competition will run between 28th – 29th August 2015, when the winners will be announced and presented with their prizes.
- The innovations to be considered will revolve around financial Inclusion and value addition in agriculture apps.
- Mobile Application Developers and Computer Specialists(ussd,sms, android,web)
- Graphic Designers and Related Specialists.
- Business and Marketing Specialists
- Students and Professionals are both qualified to apply
- Virtual platform to empower women farmers
- Financial activity tracker.
- Capacity building, etc
- 2 months incubation at @iBizAfrica
- Free domain and hosting
- Company registratio
- Training on Digital advertising at @iLabAfrica
- Ticket to exhibit at the Agribiz expo 2016
- 3 months collaboration with Technoserve as a knowledge partner.
For more details and how to apply to this exciting challenge, Kindly visit here