The competition invites Business Plans from Start-up firms whose technologies, services, products, or business models show original features or promise of high added value to the society.
Candidates must be the business’ sole proprietor and fit the following criteria to be eligible for the competition;
- In business for about 3 years or less.
- Must have a maximum of up to 5 employees.
- Must be a registered business and with the necessary licenses to operate.
NOTE: All required documents must be presented on submission entry that is; business licenses, operations permit, and certificate of registration.
Entries will be evaluated in the criteria described below
- Innovative qualities (originality and competitiveness) – the potential to create new needs and markets in the specific industries.
- Strong Market Potential – what is the marketability, feasibility, sustainability and feasibility of the business? Judges will consider if the entrepreneur has done adequate market research. Whether he/she knows the market environment and if the entrepreneur is considering a financial balance, investment plan and room for the business to scale.
- Evaluation of applicant – judges will look at entrepreneurs with the experience, knowledge, tenacity, confidence and overall professional acumen needed to scale a highly potential business to a market leader.
- The price will be awarded to a business firm that shows great potential for growth and contributes to the regional economic growth and that which poses the characteristics below
- A new business which creates an added value to the economy through utilizing the regions resources i.e. human and nature
- That business which nurtures talent and attracts talent from the region.
The top 3 winners will be awarded by IQ Marketing an outdoor advertising contract and mentorship in marketing strategies for the business. IQ Marketing shall develop for the entrepreneur the creative concept, and content of the business’ Ads. And place the Ads at strategic street advertising locations for the business.
All entries to be dropped in MSK offices by close of business 19th October 2015. 47 Muchai drive, Off Ngong Road.