NIW.Startups is a program initiated by the Ministry, working with stakeholders to identify promising startups from all counties in Kenya, to strengthen and nurture them and facilitate their scaling. Various Seed & Growth Capital Investors and Incubation hubs will participate in the program.
The purpose of NIW.Startups is to prepare home grown localized innovative and scalable startups to be investor ready and to either give them access to seed stage funding or growth phase financing options. Access to funding is one of the pressing challenges faced by startups globally. In contribution to the overall objective of NIW 2017 of strengthening the innovation ecosystem, NIW.Startups seeks to create common platform through which various support institutions can systematically address the funding challenges of startups.
- Coaching to get your startup investor ready
- Professional pitch training
- Briefing meeting with participating Investors
- Selection of 10 startups for on-stage pitching
Your Startup should be less than 5 years old and at the early startup stage where internal resources have been mobilized and regulatory requirements fulfilled to start the company.
The eligible Startup will provide employment opportunities and solutions to improve the livelihoods of children, youth, women, elderly through a variety of sectors including but not limited to the following sectors: Agriculture, Healthcare Solutions, Education, Water and Sanitation and Hygiene, Protection, Waste Management & Recycling, Manufacturing, Energy, Transport and Logistics, Financial Inclusion, Information and Communication Technologies.
In addition, the startup should subscribe to the Principles of Innovation www.digitalprinciples.org
- Seed Stage Investor Readiness Support – To be eligible for NIW.Startups you need to be startup solving a genuine challenge using an innovative and validated solution and actively looking for funding to launch the business.
- Growth Capital & Investor Readiness Support – To be eligible for Growth Capital, you must have established a credible team, have clear processes for scale and demonstrate evidence of impact from monitoring the performance of the product/service against set targets.
DEADLINE: 13th January
To apply, learn more and be part of this challenge, kindly visit this page.