Nairobi Tech Week is Back!
iBizAfrica together with Moringa School is excited to host the 3rd Edition of Nairobi Tech Week, Sub Saharan Africa’s largest tech event, whose aim is to bring all actors and influencers in the tech ecosystem in one space, fostering conversations and learning around various relevant technology-related topics.
The event will be taking place from Thursday 19th April to Saturday 21st April 2018 at iBizAfrica, Strathmore University. This year’s theme will be “The Role of Technology in Problem Solving for Africa’s Future.”
Nairobi Tech Week presents a 3-day event packed with panel discussions, workshops and a hackathon with incredible prizes to be won.
“Our aim is to launch a community-driven tech event focused on developers, thought leaders within the tech space as well as the best innovations in Sub Saharan Africa” says Sandra Mukidza, NTW’s main event organiser.
For the first time, Nairobi Tech Week will host Nairobi Tech week Awards, in a bid to recognise companies playing influential roles and driving impact within Silicon Savannah.
The title sponsor this year is Microsoft , other sponsors include Visa, Facebook, Safaricom JUMO, Github, Liquid Telecom, Google and iBiz Africa-Strathmore University.
Several key organisations have come forward to partner with Nairobi Tech Week; iHub, Africa’s Talking, Swahili Box, AngelHack, M-Power, CBO and Metta. In previous years Nairobi Tech Week has had global title sponsors like Facebook and Twitter
Applications for Nairobi Tech Week opened on March 19th 2018 as well as nominations for the Tech Week Awards.
For more information contact Bernard on firstname.lastname@example.org
The AGCO Africa Ambassador Program invites individuals above 21 years of age to submit video (30 seconds to 3 minutes long) of themselves explaining why they should be chosen to act as the AGCO Africa Ambassador to Germany during the International Green Week (16-25 January 2015) in Berlin. The Ambassador will also host the AGCO Africa Summit on 19 January 2015.
An individual will be selected as the Ambassador and s/he will occupy the position for one year period. The ambassador will be responsible to regularly report (bi-weekly) about trends and developments in African agriculture and economy as well as AGCO‘s activities in Africa on Facebook and Twitter in posts, uploads and video messages during the one year contract period (when appropriate, participation at AGCO events in Africa).
- $10,000 Cash award at the beginning of the one-year contract.
- Reimbursement for all reasonable traveling expenses solely related to participation as the AGCO Africa Ambassador.
- Represent Africa for AGCO as an AGCO Africa Ambassador at the International Green Week fair in Berlin, Germany from 16-25 January 2015.
- Host the AGCO Africa Summit on 19 January 2015 in the fair.
- Applicant must have proof of African origin and valid passport from an African Country. S/he should be present resident of an African country.
- Candidate must be minimum 21 years with fluency in English language.
- Candidate must not have any record of criminal behavior including crimes of moral turpitude or which might bring AGCO into disrepute.
- Candidate must not have membership in extreme, radical or violent groups including but not limited to groups which advocate the violent overthrow of any government.
- Applicant must not have any record of human rights offenses.
- Candidate must be available to participate in both events – International Green Week Fair and AGCO Africa Summit.
- Applicants must be eligible to receive a visa to enter Germany during the event.
- Applicants cannot be an employee or immediate family member of an employee with AGCO.
- Submissions must be no less than thirty (30) seconds and/or no more than three (3) minutes in length.
The competition is an incredible one and many individuals have already submitted their applications. Do submit a video yourself you just might be the winner.
Deadline October 17th 2014.