TechnoServe, the mastermind behind this competition, works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. It is a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Their work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities.
Vodafone, USAID and TechnoServe believe that mobile agriculture solutions have the potential to improve the livelihoods of rural men and women by dramatically improving their access to income and finance, increasing transparency and reducing transaction processes, driving productivity through increased information, and building resilience for times of crisis.
The aim of the competition is to incubate winning mobile solutions that serve the interests and needs of farmers. It will be held at Strathmore University and winning solutions will be incubated by iBizAfrica. The incubator hubs great business ideas responding to societal needs.
Participants are meant to come up with sustainable, innovative and mobile solutions to challenges faced by women farmers.
- Deadline: 27th August 2015.
- The competition will run between 28th – 29th August 2015, when the winners will be announced and presented with their prizes.
- The innovations to be considered will revolve around financial Inclusion and value addition in agriculture apps.
- Mobile Application Developers and Computer Specialists(ussd,sms, android,web)
- Graphic Designers and Related Specialists.
- Business and Marketing Specialists
- Students and Professionals are both qualified to apply
- Virtual platform to empower women farmers
- Financial activity tracker.
- Capacity building, etc
- 2 months incubation at @iBizAfrica
- Free domain and hosting
- Company registratio
- Training on Digital advertising at @iLabAfrica
- Ticket to exhibit at the Agribiz expo 2016
- 3 months collaboration with Technoserve as a knowledge partner.
For more details and how to apply to this exciting challenge, Kindly visit here
What is MEST?
The Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) and the MEST Incubator program provide training, investment and mentoring for aspiring technology entrepreneurs with the goal of creating globally successful companies that create wealth and jobs locally in Africa
Want to start your own software company? Kenyan business wizards & techies, MEST is looking for you!
MEST is recruiting in Kenya for the first time ever (and expanding our incubator network cross-continent). Read more here via Disrupt Africa.
This is a great opportunity to train at MEST in Accra for a year, hone your biz & tech skills, with the opportunity to pitch our Board for seed investment and launch your own software company.
- Have 3-5 years entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- Can commit a year in Accra, Ghana participating in the MEST training program starting August 2015
What we provide:
- Intensive, MBA-style training in software development and entrepreneurship
- Free housing, monthly stipend, tuition, meals and a laptop
- Mentoring and access to executives at global software companies, entrepreneurs and the VC community in Europe & US
- Chance to change to world through technology; to solve real life, large-scale problems with innovative solutions
- After 1 year, potential for seed funding to launch your company from one of our incubator hub locations (soon-to-be launched) in Nairobi, Lagos, Cape Town and Johannesburg, in addition to the incubator in Accra
APPLY NOW BEFORE JUNE 1 HERE. All the best and do Spread the Word!!!
Have any Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sufuria.com is a recipe sharing website by Africans for Africans. They are concentrating on African dishes and giving people a platform where they can post their recipes on African cuisine. It’s free to use the platform and users will able to find all African recipes in one place.
Sufuria.com wants everyone to have a variety of choices pertaining to what they cook. Their main target is
- Single people who stay alone and may want to treat their friends or companions to something different.
- First time mothers who don’t know what to prepare for their kids and want to give their kids different dishes the African way.
- People in the diaspora who want to treat their friends with African cuisine and don’t have a variety to choose from.
We all love rewards, and Sufuria.com has made sure this is possible through the following ways:-
- Chefs and ordinary people at homes will be able to earn from Sufuria.com by posting their unique and authentic recipes. We will be paying Ksh. 100 for every recipe approved by our chefs.
- There will be a recipe of the month feature where the top 3 recipes (based on views and shares) posted by users will be rewarded.
Start sharing your African recipes as well as learn a new recipe every day by visiting Sufuria.com
The team of Sufuria.com is incubated at @iBizAfrica
@iBizAfrica will have an Open Day on 23rd October 2013 from 2pm to 6pm. The day will be an opportunity for everyone interested in startups, the incubation process and entrepreneurship to come and see some of the exciting startups that are in the @iBizAfrica business Incubator. We have over 70 young entrepreneurs working on about 33 business projects set to become full business ventures in the near future.
To attend the open day register here