Five hundred billion devices and objects will be connected to the Internet by 2030!
Things like wells, cars, watches, refrigerators, and more will be connected to the Internet for the first time so that they can transmit and receive information. Digitization is about connecting people and things to the Internet so that the information those connections provide can be used to improve processes and decision making.
With digitization and the Internet of Things (IoT), good ideas can make a difference more quickly than ever before by driving economic development and helping people solve some of our most
Who Should Enter?
This challenge is open to students or recent alumni from any college or university. For detailed eligibility requirements, please click here .
Areas of impact could include, but are not limited to:
- local industry/economic development
- critical human needs (food, water, shelter, and disaster relief)
- economic empowerment/financial inclusion
Digital Technologies that enable these innovations may include, but are not limited to:
- connected/smart solutions (smart home, smart city, smart energy)
- connected transportation
- big data
- cloud computing
We are awarding $300,000 to support Global Problem Solvers. Click here to read more about the prizes.
- March 30 2017: Applications Open
- May 30 2017: Applications Close
- June 12, 2017: Finalists announced
- June 12,-28th 2017: Peoples Choice Voting
- June 29: Winners Announced
Why you should participate?
- Huge cash infusion to develop your company or solution
- Global recognition and publicity for your company or solution
- Looks great on a resume or in a prospectus to potential funders
- Review by Cisco technology experts and high profile judges
- Peer and industry validation for your solution
Digitize. Do More Good.
To learn more and take part in this challenge,please click here.