@iLabAfrica Research Centre and DataScience Ltd conducted a Data Analytics training on 11th to 12th August, 2016 at Strathmore University. The training attracted interest from a myriad of domains within both business and public sectors and in total featured 31 participants.
Participants were taken through 8 areas in total covered in 5 sessions within the 2 days. The areas included:
- Introduction to the concept of data and the legal framework around data use and sharing complete with case studies of data use in business and public policy to provide insight that inform decisions for better planning
- Best practices in data research, various data sources and how to manage data for better analytics
- Data Exploration explaining the transition from MS Excel To R
- Introduction to Data Visualization and Information Design
- Data Visualization using Microsoft’s Power BI
- Data Visualization using Datascience’s ChartsData Visualization using Qlik, a modern Data Analytical Tool
The last session was a talk by Mr. Guruprem and Ms. Ivy from Virtual Works Africa who gave a presentation on data analytics use cases in various sectors both in Kenya and globally using Qlik Data Analytics Tools.
The closing and certificate award ceremony was officiated by Dr. Joseph Sevilla, the Director of @iLabAfrica Research Centre.
For more details about the Data Analytics Training and the next training dates, please click here.