Are you ready to scale up your business/ startup and looking to work closely with international experts and mentors
Who can apply?
- Are beyond concept validation and prototype phase in their market
- Want to improve their business operations with insights and best practices from experts and international mentors and other fast-moving entrepreneurs
- Wish to experience an outstanding and long lasting personal and entrepreneurial journey alongside engaging in the enpact community
- Are from Kenya, Germany, the East African region or Europe
- are committed to doing the entire 8-month mentoring programme.
What is in it for you?
- Work on new and exciting challenges to overcome with team, funding, product development, positioning, pivoting or business development
- Explore new markets or consolidate within the national market
- Pitch to an extensive network of partners (corporates, investors, influencers, etc.)
- Gain exposure via international and regional media outlets
- Exchange stories about failures, lessons, tips and tricks with the enpact community.
What is the programme about?
Over the last few years, startup mentoring by Enpact has driven ambitious entrepreneurs to overcome obstacles, scale their business, connect internationally with partners and gain new insights to develop their strategy and strengthen their management skills.
So far, more than 200 entrepreneurs have been through our programme and we have developed a pool of 100+ highly qualified mentors & experts. Participants from our earlier programme have employed 4 or more people in the first year and we are proud to see that they have a 80% survival rate.
Click here if you want to know more about what makes Enpact 8-month international mentoring program special!
NIW.Startups is a program initiated by the Ministry, working with stakeholders to identify promising startups from all counties in Kenya, to strengthen and nurture them and facilitate their scaling. Various Seed & Growth Capital Investors and Incubation hubs will participate in the program.
The purpose of NIW.Startups is to prepare home grown localized innovative and scalable startups to be investor ready and to either give them access to seed stage funding or growth phase financing options. Access to funding is one of the pressing challenges faced by startups globally. In contribution to the overall objective of NIW 2017 of strengthening the innovation ecosystem, NIW.Startups seeks to create common platform through which various support institutions can systematically address the funding challenges of startups.
- Coaching to get your startup investor ready
- Professional pitch training
- Briefing meeting with participating Investors
- Selection of 10 startups for on-stage pitching
Your Startup should be less than 5 years old and at the early startup stage where internal resources have been mobilized and regulatory requirements fulfilled to start the company.
The eligible Startup will provide employment opportunities and solutions to improve the livelihoods of children, youth, women, elderly through a variety of sectors including but not limited to the following sectors: Agriculture, Healthcare Solutions, Education, Water and Sanitation and Hygiene, Protection, Waste Management & Recycling, Manufacturing, Energy, Transport and Logistics, Financial Inclusion, Information and Communication Technologies.
In addition, the startup should subscribe to the Principles of Innovation www.digitalprinciples.org
- Seed Stage Investor Readiness Support – To be eligible for NIW.Startups you need to be startup solving a genuine challenge using an innovative and validated solution and actively looking for funding to launch the business.
- Growth Capital & Investor Readiness Support – To be eligible for Growth Capital, you must have established a credible team, have clear processes for scale and demonstrate evidence of impact from monitoring the performance of the product/service against set targets.
DEADLINE: 13th January
To apply, learn more and be part of this challenge, kindly visit this page.
Women from Africa and the Middle East are invited to apply for the fall 2014 TechWomen program, which includes mentorships and professional exchanges at leading companies in Silicon Valley, California, and concludes with workshops, networking events and meetings in Washington, DC.
“The doors that were opened and the resources that were availed to me through the TechWomen community are amazing.”_2013 participant from Zimbabwe