What is the Idea Foundation Seed Stage Program?
The Idea Foundation Seed Stage Accelerator Program is a platform to develop and grow innovative business ideas through training, mentorship and coaching and financial support. The program is implemented by @iBizAfrica in Collaboration with IDEA Foundation. There are two intakes in a year, in April and August. The program targets innovators and leaders seeking to solve problems that affect the society in Kenya through innovation and entrepreneurship.
Who is eligible to apply?
The program is open to qualifying students and alumni of Strathmore University. We target teams comprised of individuals with competent skill sets to make the business a success. The team should include at least a visionary (CEO), Business Lead (CFO), Marketing Lead and Technical (CTO) Lead.
Why should you apply?
The program is is a great platform to accelerate the development, growth and success of startup business ideas. In the past Through this program @iBIzAfrica and IDEA Foundation have help many companies to develop, grow and succeed. These include: Purpink Gifts, Valuraha Group and Buymore LTD.
What Benefits will YOU get?:
- Develop and sharpen business skills.
- Receive mentorship and coaching from successful entrepreneurs and experts.
- Upon Successful completion, receive a certificate of completion and an opportunity to receive seed funding of upto KES. 500,000. The funding is a low interest rate .(subsidized and below market rate) repayable upon the business becoming successful or convertible to a grant. We do not take equity.
- Work-space at and access to office facilities at @iBizAfrica
What is the program Duration?
The program is 3 months long between April and June. Key Dates are as follows:
- Call for Applications-Feb 16
- Selection-March 25
- Training Starts-April 1st
- Training Ends –April 15th
- Incubation starts –April 18th
- Selection Committee Approval for Funding-June 10th
- Incubation Ends-June 17th
- Submission of Applications for Funding-June 17th
Register here to be considered for the Program!